Rock. Remember that!? Philly based basic rockers, The Reds®, with a organ that lends an occasional psyche flavor. But mostly about the male vocals, basic rock and drums, minimal lead wanks. If this was slightly more stupid it would be a bar band, but its not. Its good KZSU fundamental rock. Remember that? Rock?Guitar, songs, singing with a slow beer drenched feel overall? Kissing a girl in the parking lot who just puked? This is it. FCC clean.
1) BIG BOY - smarmy, blues swing, dirty.
2) SIDEBUSTER - upbeat and the organ melody makes it, some tambourine, and we got a sexy one.
3) DIGGIN' IT - hip grinder, like a slow surf, good smarmy if down beat a tad.
4) ENDLESS – slow, sexy, dark.
5) NIGHT MUST FALL - mellow introspective, avoid.
6) LAYING LOW - slow rock, organ, head nodding heavy beat
7) WHERE WE BELONG - upbeat spy feel some how, nice swing.
8) A FEW DOLLARS MORE - drum machine feel, slow, slightly funky, approach.
9) SO LONG - just a good head shaking side to side as in, “no, everything is NOT alright, but fuck you for asking.”
10) STRANGENESS - stony rock feel, still falling into that slow 4/4 dark groove that is sorta getting old, if I may say.
Go back to tracks 2, 3, and 7.
• Your Imaginary Friend
KZSU – Stanford (University), CA
November 2, 2009